Grace Baey is a photographer and filmmaker based in Singapore.
Trained as a human geographer, she has a keen eye and sensitivity for crafting human-interest stories that are authentic, emotional and thoughtful. She's especially interested in issues of migration and mobility, gender, identity, and place. Her personal work focuses on queer and gender identity in Southeast Asia.
Member of @womenphotograph @diversifyphoto @authoritycollective @equallens
Exhibitions / Recognition
- 2019 (Un)Bound, solo exhibition at Objectifs Centre for Photography and Film, Singapore
- 2019 Writing on the Wall, Exactly Foundation, group exhibition at Objectifs Centre for Photography and Film
- 2019 Joop Swart Masterclass Nominee, World Press Photo
- 2018 Living Choices,"&PROUD Photo/art", group exhibition at Myanm/art, Myanmar
- 2018 Objectifs Documentary Award (Emerging Category)
- 2018 Artist-in-residence, Exactly Foundation
- 2018 Artist-in-residence, Objectifs Centre for Photography and Film
- 2017 This is My Last Life, "In Search of __", group exhibition at Artistry Cafe Gallery, Singapore
- 2016 The Space Between Us, Kuala Lumpur Photo Festival (KLPF), Malaysia
- 2015 8 Women, solo exhibition at Grey Projects, Singapore
- 2015 Back-alley Room, "c2015 -", Noise: The Apprenticeship Programme, group exhibition at DECK, Singapore